Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My husband has 3 job offers, all in Louisiana.

They are Lake Charles, Baton Rouge, and Monroe.

I already know the weather is humid. I am just wondering if you personally enjoy living there or not, and why.

Also I have twins, who are going into the 1st grade. so what is the safest part of each city? Thank you all for any input or opinions. Its appriciated!|||I was born and raised in Lake Charles. I have often visited Baton Rouge and been to Monroe a couple times.

Lake Charles is a great place to raise a family. Nice areas and relatively safe. The north side has magnet schools which I attended both when I was younger, contrary to what the other person said they were excellent schools and often get bad mouthed by people listening to hearsay and have never even been to that side of town. But since your husband will be working at the airport, y'all will probably chose to live in that area which is located on the south side of Lake Charles. University is a lovely neighborhood for a family and also near several schools, stores and banks, etc...and there are also several up and coming neighborhoods near the airport that you might want to check out. They have some lovely homes there and they are really safe neighborhoods there.

For small children, I agree the Childrens Museum is an excellent place for young children. They had a fire a while back and remodeled there. Also the Civic Center has a park for children and a water fountain park, plus several other lovely parks. There is a huge skate center and karate centers. And so much more...........

In Baton Rouge, there are also lots of activities for kids, but its not that safe of a place to live. It's a large city so, it has its ups and downs as cities usually do.

As for Monroe, its the smallest of the three and is a nice place that has a nice zoo. I'm not that familiar with the city, because its so far from Lake Charles.

I left Louisiana, but it will always be home to me. The job market and pay rates caused me to leave. But since your husband has job offers then you guys should be okay. I hope that this helped you. Best of luck to you and your family and I hope that y'all enjoy Louisiana. There is no other place in the world like Louisiana........this a good thing!!!|||I'd go w/ baton rouge. Or better yet, Lafayette, which is between Lake Charles and Baton Rouge.

Lake Charles, is a rather safe area for the most part, but you probably don't want to send them to a school in the north area b/c that's where the poorest schools are.

Monroe is a very small area, although there is a university. What does your husband do?|||I don't live in Louisiana but I have been there twice recently. We stayed in Lake Charles both times. The area is quite nice and there are lots of things to do. I have a 6 year old and twin 4.5 year olds. Lake Charles has an excellent children's museum that kept my children busy for about 4 hours. They also have atleast one nice park. I'd live there!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment