Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I'm curious on what a baton rouge "accent" sound like (considering if there is any at all.) I know that dialects differ from place to place (like in my city we tend to combine words- like say "doya" instead of do you).

Can anyone give me examples of words where that happens in Baton Rouge?|||well it's hard to explain but I'll give you some background.

when I was at SLU in Hammond, they had kids from New Orleans, Baton Rouge, Denim Springs and the local area.

you could easily tell or hear the differences in their accents.

it's funny how 40 to 80 miles could make that much difference.

the New Orleans accents that they use on tv and in movies is nothing like the way real people sound.

when we were in Fla a woman told us that we sounded like we were from New York but If you have ever heard anyone from new york talk , it's not close to how we talk

one of the best lines I heard was visiting in Georgia, this guy

says "ya'll shure dew talk foeny" (funny)

many times where you went to high school has a bigger effect on how you talk then where you live or how your parents talk.

btw we never say "you guys" and remember new orleans has no lean meat sound, it's more like orlins

oh well I guess you'll have to hang out at the Southeastern student lobby to hear the accents.|||yes there is.

I've visit state of Louisiana as well as New orleans and Baton Rouge for Mardi Gras 2009 and i must say there accent is very different from where i live( New York City)

for example.
Louisiana - Ya'll
New York- Yo

New York- Its close
Louisiana- Its closeeeeeeeeeee

New York- Im from class 04
Louisiana- I'm from class Ooo-4

New York- I gave you my payment last week
Louisiana- I gave y'all my payment last week

and my aunt live in Baton Rouge and she just moved in like 6 months ago from Europe and she alreadly talked in Baton Rouge Accent.

sometimes it funny but I get used to it.
But other than that,. I love their Accent.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Am鈥?/a>|||Lots of people in the area say "ax" instead of ask & "zink" instead of sink. I don't know why & they both drive me crazy! I think it might be a lingering French accent thing. Once when I was on vacation in Fla. someone asked me where I was from. They told me I didn't sound like I was from Louisiana. I guess I didn't sound like the overdone accents on movies.|||Baton Rouge is right on the twang line. I believe it's the oilfield influence from Texas but there is a definite southern twang in the speech there. Any farther south and it's more cajun. Depending on where you live your are bound to hear a lot more "y'alls".|||Yes, you go anywhere south in Louisiana and people will have an accent. I have the most distinguished one of all.|||br has a slight "twang" it's not obnoxious though, it's kinda cute :) haha.|||Oh yes I know lots of people from BR and yes there is a major accent!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment