Friday, March 9, 2012

I've been looking around and have decided that I want to take some lessons in riding before I take on the challenge of another horse. I'm near Baton Rouge, LA, and I can't seem to find a stable near me. Can anyone help. Western? English? Both?|||I think there are quite a few stables near Baton Rouge. I know BREC(Baton Rouge Equestrian Center) has lessons. Also, in Livingston there was a farm called Red Oak Farm, with a trainer named Mareth Ellsworth...she was a wonderful teacher and I believe she's still there. I know there are others, try Sacs or go to www.laequinecouncil.com ...there is good info there and on the Louisiana Horsemans Guide website. I live in New Olreans and take lessons in Folsom/Covington usually. That is a bit of a drive from BR, but there are TONS of nice farms to ride at up there. If you are interested in that area, let me know and I can give you some farm names.|||Try asking at a local feed store. They may be able to hook you up with a local trainer or at least tell you when/where there may be a local show coming up. I have cousins that used to live in St. Amant (pronounce Saint A-maw). That last bit is just FYI.

Good luck finding an instructor.|||i live in a small town in ms. we have horse shows here every month if you find a local horse show in your area go there and talk to the people i believe you will be plesantly surprised how easy it is to find someone to teach you to ride

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment