Tuesday, March 6, 2012

and what are some things that Baton Rouge has That New Orleans dont got and vice versa|||I live in between Baton Rouge & New Orleans & work in Baton Rouge. The traffic in Baton Rouge is horrible for my trek back & forth to work. It was bad before Katrina and since then has been a lot worse. They are adding some lanes to the interstate which should help & they're still talking about putting in a loop. Unfortunately, that's all they seem to do is talk about it. I graduated from LSU & so I do love Baton Rouge, I just hate the traffic.|||Baton Rouge is a fairly normal "new South" city, and living there is not very different than living in Atlanta or Houston - though of course without the attractions of those much larger cities (BR has a metro-area population of less than 500,000).

New Orleans is New Orleans, and it is one of the world's special places -even after the devastation of Katrina in 2005. That doesn't mean everything about NOLA is wonderful, but the City has an addictive attraction that is hard to explain. We are also working (in the post-Katrina environment) to reduce the problems, such as to finally elect a group of politicians that are reasonably competent + honest.

Note that living in a suburb of New Orleans - especially the more distant ones - is not very different from Baton Rouge.|||i live in new orleans and love it and every so often my friends and i will take a road trip to baton rouge. new orleans is "historical" it dates way back and has a lot of history and haunted things and whatnot. baton rouge is more of like a suburbian type city. now don't get me wrong i love baton rouge, it's just a little different. traffic is ALWAYS bad in baton rouge. i don't know what it is but it seems like it's always bad. there's a lot of shopping, the mall of louisiana. and blue bayou/dixie landin (which is a waterpark/amusement park) baton rouge doesn't have as many original "mom and pop" resturants like new orleans does. (think chili's or applebees) but if your from out of state maybe good food isn't at the top of your list. it's somewhat of a college town because it's tiger country home to LSU. there's a few good bars and places to go out. in a nutshell, if i didn't live in new orleans, the next place i'd want to live is baton rouge :)|||I've lived in Baton Rouge all my life. I have to disagree about it being just a colleage town. Far from that. Baton Rouge isnt as large as New Orleans. It just depends on what you prefer. I love Baton Rouge. But I love visiting New Orleans. I like how everything is pretty easy to get to here in Baton Rouge. (driving in NOLA scares me to death, but I dont think thats typical, im just a nervous driver, lol) Baton Rouge has a lot of good restaurants. Of course you'll find more restaurants and bars in New Orleans. Also, New Orleans has the Aquarium, The Audobon Zoo, Insectarium, and loads of other stuff as well. Both are great places to live, and close to eachother anyway. so you win both ways, lol.|||Ups on New Orleans, unique city like no other. Historical, with character. Small and cozy.

Downs

Crime, politics, taxes, slow to change|||the downs out weigh the ups by a substantial amount in both places, if you do plan on living in either one, look into living in a surrounding town|||WELL I LIVE BETWEEN THE 2 20 MINTS FROM B R AND 45 FROM NEW ORLEANS WE GO TO BOTH A LOT I LIKE LIVING IN THE MIDDLE CAUS THE TRAFFIC IN BOTH PACES ARE REALLY UN REAL AT TIMES THE CRIME RATE A BIT MORE THAN HER E TOO THEY ARE BOTH BEAUTFUL CITIES AND HAVE A LOT TO OFFER THER ARE THOSE HO LIVE IN ONE PLACE AN WORK IN THE OTHER A S FOR ME I LOVE THE SUBS WE USE TO BE THOUGHT OF AS COUNTRY BUT ARENT ANY MORE|||NOLA is more dangerous, but BR is mind-numbingly boring. New Orleans actually has some nightlife and fun things to do besides go to football games. BR is like a sprawling Dante-esque suburban nightmare. BR has more big box stores; if you live in NOLA you have to go to Metairie. NOLA has public transportation; BR barely qualifies. (I sold my car when I moved here.) BR has cheaper rent, but it's easier to find a job in NOLA. BR has marginally better schools, but NO has better universities.
I am never moving back to Baton Rouge.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment